cancels; other entertainment goes on
Send a link to a
[AUG. 12, 2005]
SPRINGFIELD -- Lynyrd Skynyrd has canceled its
appearance at the 2005 Illinois State Fair Saturday due to problems
with lead singer Johnny Van Zant's voice, according to band
management. Tickets for the concert will be fully refunded but
cannot be refunded at the ticket window at the grandstand office.
Tickets for Lynyrd Skynyrd will be refunded as follows:
- Customers who purchased tickets through TicketMaster by phone
and Internet will be automatically credited for their purchase.
If the tickets were bought at a TicketMaster outlet, they can be
brought back to the purchase location and be immediately
- Tickets purchased at the box office at the grandstand cannot
be refunded there. A refund form may picked up at the state fair
box office or obtained from the state fair website at
here for the form.
To download Adobe Reader for the PDF
file, click here.]
The refund form, with the tickets attached, must be sent to
Illinois State Fair, P.O. Box 19427, Springfield, IL 62794-9427.
[to top of second column in this article]
Other attractions and entertainment
at the 2005 Illinois State Fair on Saturday include:
- Budweiser Tent -- The Oohs from 1 to 4 p.m.; 7th Heaven from
5 to 8 p.m. and Postwar Fords from 9 p.m. to midnight
- Coors Lights Tent -- Blooze Brothers--Chicago from 7:30 to
- Corona Tent -- Prairie Pranksters from noon to 3 p.m., City
Limits from 4 to 7 p.m. and The Coco Loco Band from 8 to 11 p.m.
- Miller Light Tent -- Elvis Himselvis from noon to 3 p.m.,
Jack Flash from 4 to 7 p.m. and F5 from 8 to 11 p.m.
- "Dancin' in the Streets" at the Lincoln Stage featuring OD
Tapo IMI from 8 to 11 p.m.
There are also 16 free entertainment stages, plus fireworks
Saturday night at 11.
State Fair news release]