Green View offers plant use seminars
with 'Spring Celebration'
Send a link to a friend
SPRINGFIELD -- Green
View Nursery, 3000 W. Jefferson St., is hosting its "Spring
Celebration" on March 4, 11, 18 and 25. The event will include
informative garden symposiums with a special focus each Saturday
during the month of March.
The Spring Celebration party will be March 23, from 5:30 to 8 p.m.,
benefiting Children's Miracle Network.
The Spring Celebration is
free and open to the public.
For more information, call Green View at (217) 787-4700 or visit
10 a.m. -- "Bringing
the Garden Indoors" seminar; Kelli Pachlhofer, showroom manager
and design consultant at JB Interiors
11 a.m. -- "Spring Is
Knocking at Your Door" spring wreath creations; Green View
1 p.m. -- "Designing
With Tropical Plants" seminar; Green View
2 p.m. -- "Blooming
Ideas for Spring Entertaining" seminar; Jamie Strukley,
owner-designer, James M. Designs Inc.
10 a.m. -- "Creating
an Outdoor Living Space That Relates to You and Your Home"
seminar; Green View design group
11 a.m. -- "Curb
Appeal: Designing a Grand Entrance" seminar; Green View design
1 p.m. -- "Designing
Tabletop Gardens for Your Home and Throughout the Year" seminar;
[to top of second
- 10 a.m. -- "2006 New Garden Accessories and Accents"; Carol
Bailey, representative from Smith & Hawken Co.
- 11 a.m. -- "Gorgeous Container Gardens" container gardening
demo; Green View
- 1 p.m. -- "Perfect Piece, Perfect Place: Choosing and
Placing Statuary and Fountains in Your Landscape"; Green View
- 2 p.m. -- "Outdoor Furniture for Comfort and Style" seminar;
Laurie McWilliams, buyer and merchandiser for Green View
- 10 a.m. -- "Color for all Seasons: The Newest in Trees and
Shrubs" seminar; Preston (Monrovia)
- 11 a.m. -- "Decorate the Landscape With Annuals" seminar;
Dan Hutton, Wenkes and Julie Pappas, Green View
- 1 p.m. -- "Discover the Fragrance and Beauty of 2006 Herb of
the Year, Scented Geraniums"; Mary Buckles, Logan County Herb
- 2 p.m. -- "2006 New and Exciting Plant Introductions"
seminar; David Robson, U of I Extension educator
Green View Companies is a multifaceted firm with locations
throughout the state of Illinois: landscape design-build,
installation, maintenance and production facilities, and five retail
[Green View news release]