Other News...
sponsored by Richardson Repair & A-Plus Flooring

Goats blamed for starting house fire in Iowa

Send a link to a friend

[January 15, 2009]  NORWALK, Iowa (AP) -- Firefighters said goats may have started a fire that destroyed a home near Norwalk in central Iowa.

The fire broke out early Tuesday. Three people escaped unharmed.

John Hadley said his cat woke up him up, and he saw smoke coming from a ceiling. Hadley then woke up his ailing mother and her companion and got them out of the house.

Assistant Northern Warren County Fire Chief Kevin Dingman said the fire may have been started by some goats kept in a shed attached to the rear of the house.

He said a space heater was kept in the shed to keep the goats warm, and the goats may have knocked it over, starting the fire.

The goats and a family dog were rescued, but the cat was missing.


Information from: KCCI-TV, http://www.kcci.com/

[Associated Press]

Copyright 2009 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.


< Top Stories index

Back to top


News | Sports | Business | Rural Review | Teaching & Learning | Home and Family | Tourism | Obituaries

Community | Perspectives | Law & Courts | Leisure Time | Spiritual Life | Health & Fitness | Teen Scene
Calendar | Letters to the Editor