Other News...
sponsored by Richardson Repair & A-Plus Flooring

Man found burned in apartment with no sign of fire

Send a link to a friend

[January 21, 2009]  KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (AP) -- Investigators are baffled as to how a man suffered second- and third-degree burns inside his apartment -- even though the only sign of a fire was a candle in the bathroom.

InsuranceKnoxville Fire Department crews found the 56-year-old victim inside his apartment bathroom Monday afternoon with third-degree burns to his face and second-degree burns to his hands.

Officials say they knocked on the door of the unit at Cagle Terrace Apartments, and went inside when they heard someone moaning.

The man, who was not identified, was later taken to a burn center for treatment.

Fire officials say their investigation is ongoing.


Information from: WVLT-TV, http://www.volunteertv.com/

[Associated Press]

Copyright 2009 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Nursing Homes

Computer Repair

< Top Stories index

Back to top


News | Sports | Business | Rural Review | Teaching & Learning | Home and Family | Tourism | Obituaries

Community | Perspectives | Law & Courts | Leisure Time | Spiritual Life | Health & Fitness | Teen Scene
Calendar | Letters to the Editor