ConocoPhillips said in a statement Wednesday that the first of two oil spills at Penglai 19-3 oil field in Bohai Bay last month was traced to a natural fault in the seabed and that the seepage had stopped.
It says the second oil spill was found to originate from a leak from an existing well, and was repaired within 48 hours.
China's State Oceanic Administration said Tuesday it is investigating ConocoPhillips' role in the recent oil spill and still assessing possible damage to the environment.
[Associated
Press]
Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This
material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or
redistributed. |