Today's highlighted festival event is the college-level forestry
competitions. This new event will include teams from Mizzou, Iowa
State and Stevens Point, Wis., competing in several events. To give
the audience a greater understanding of the competition, events and
scoring, the general rules are as follows:
1. All contestants must be members of the forestry schools
2. No independent contestant will be allowed to enter the
3. Teams will consist of two individuals, with the exception of
Pulp Toss; some mixed gender teams will be necessary; teams will
compete together only for two-person events. For all other events,
team members will compete separately and their scores will be
averaged to calculate the team score. Dendrology scores are
independent from the rest of the competition and only the top five
scores will be announced.
4. There will be no limit to the number of entries from each
school except otherwise specified.
5. No one person may enter a single event more than once.
6. All timed events will be timed with two stopwatches, and an
average time will be counted for the competition.
7. Scoring for each event will be as
Each school will score only once per event, based on ranking.
Each school is guaranteed a score of at least one point per event
8. In the case of ties, the points for the places taken up by the
tie will be divided evenly among the schools that have tied.
9. Protests must be submitted immediately to the judge of the
10. All decisions of the judges are final.
[to top of second column]
11. The schools with the highest scores at the end of the entire
12. Winning teams from each competition, as well as the overall
winning school, will be announced as soon as possible.
13. The competitions will only be canceled in extreme weather
14. All rules are subject to change as necessary according to
conditions on-site. All contestants will be apprised of these
changes prior to the beginning of the event.
There are also specific rules for the individual events. Team
members will compete in the following events: Men's Log Roll,
Women's Log Roll, Jack & Jill Log Roll (co-ed), Pulp Toss, Axe
Throw, Two Man Double Buck/Crosscut Saw, Jack & Jill Buck, Two Woman
Buck, One Person Buck, Men's Speed Chop and Women's Speed Chop.
The Logan Railsplitting Association is excited to bring this
newest feature to the Railsplitter Festival, striving to add to the
experience for festival-goers. Enjoy this newest event and look for
more throughout the festival.
For more information, visit
Association file received from
Abraham Lincoln Tourism Bureau of