1. LANZA HAD ENOUGH AMMO TO KILL ALMOST EVERY CHILD AT SCHOOL
As a Connecticut town mourns, some residents wonder if life can ever return to normal in Newtown.
2. FIRST FUNERALS FOR THE YOUNGEST
Services are planned for 6-year-olds Jack Pinto, a New York Giants fan who may be buried in Victor Cruz's jersey, and Noah Pozner, whose twin sister survived the massacre.
3. OBAMA MOURNS IN NEWTOWN AND OPENS DOOR TO GUN CONTROL
The president said he would use "whatever power" he has to prevent mass shootings in the future.
4. JITTERY US GOES BACK TO SCHOOL
Officials planned to add police patrols and make guidance counselors available in the wake of the Newtown shooting.
5. MOVEMENT ON THE 'FISCAL CLIFF'
Boehner offers tax increases on people making more than $1 million a year.
6. CALL FOR A REDO IN EGYPT VOTE
Rights groups say women, Christians and other opponents were prevented from voting on Morsi's controversial constitution.
[to top of second column]
7. AN EXPLOSION INSIDE A US COMPOUND IN KABUL
Dozens are injured after the blast hit an American military contractor's headquarters.
8. WHAT'S LANDING ON THE MOON
The twin NASA spacecraft Ebb and Flow are expected to plunge into a lunar mountain at 5:28 p.m. after running out of fuel.
9. WHAT PEPSI IS TINKERING WITH
Diet Pepsi is quietly changing its sweetener ahead of a major rebranding set for next month.
10. PRINCESS IS OUT IN PUBLIC
The Duchess of Cambridge attended a BBC sports awards show in her first appearance since her hospitalization for morning sickness.
Copyright 2012 The Associated
Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published,
broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.