1. THE BREAKDOWNS BEHIND THE BENGHAZI ATTACK
A panel says State Department leadership failures caused "grossly inadequate" security at the embassy in Libya.
2. A GLIMPSE INTO KILLER'S TROUBLED MIND
Hair stylists say Adam Lanza never spoke or looked at anyone, and was always accompanied by his mother.
3. WHAT OBAMA IS DOING TO DEAL WITH GUN VIOLENCE
Obama appointed Vice President Joe Biden to make curbing gun attacks a key administration priority.
4. A DARING ESCAPE FROM A CHICAGO JAIL
Police say the two bank robbers shimmied down a 20-story skyscraper using a makeshift rope. The men are still at large.
5. A COOL RECEPTION FOR BOEHNER'S PLAN B
The White House, Democratic leaders and conservatives object to the plan that would raise taxes for those who earn over $1 million a year.
6. WHO STASHED A FORTUNE AWAY IN HIS GARAGE
Walter Samaszko Jr. left $7.4 million in gold coins in his Nevada home after he died, and bequeathed the money to a distant cousin.
[to top of second column]
7. INSTAGRAM BACKTRACKS AFTER BACKLASH
The photo-sharing service abandons a policy that suggested users' photos could appear in advertisements.
8. HOW NBC KEPT A CORRESPONDENT'S ABDUCTION IN SYRIA A SECRET
The network persuaded major news organizations to hold back on the story until correspondent Richard Engel was safely across the border.
9. 4 DEAD IN COLORADO HOURS AFTER A GUNMAN'S RELEASE
Police say David Sanchez got out of jail on domestic violence charges and shot and killed his ex-girlfriend, her two family members and himself.
10. WHO'S FIGHTING OVER THE BUDWEISER NAME
A small brewer has been in in court since 1906 with Anheuser-Busch over the right to put the word Budweiser on bottles in the Czech Republic.
Copyright 2012 The Associated
Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published,
broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.