1. EGYPT'S PRESIDENT DEFENDS HIS SEIZURE OF NEW POWERS
Anger over Morsi's stand mounts as his opponents take to the streets of Cairo, with clashes breaking out hours before a planned massive rally.
2. BANGLADESH MOURNS THOSE LOST IN FACTORY FIRE
A national day of mourning is declared for the 112 who died in the weekend blaze, the deadliest of many recent fires at garment factories in the country.
3. OBAMA MAKES HIS CASE FOR AVOIDING THE `FISCAL CLIFF'
The president will meet with small business owners at the White House today and with middle-class families tomorrow.
4. HOW NEW LEVEES PRESENT A PROBLEM FOR NEW ORLEANS
The Army Corps of Engineers spent $12 billion building protective barriers, but city officials aren't sure where they will get $38 million a year for their upkeep.
5. WHAT U.N. CLIMATE TALKS SAY CONTRIBUTES TO GLOBAL WARMING
A U.N. report says a thawing in the permafrost that covers almost a quarter of the northern hemisphere is one of the latest concerns among scientists.
6. POWERBALL JACKPOT SWELLS TO RECORD $425 MILLION
But consider: The odds of your being struck by lightning are 1 in 5,000. The odds of winning Wednesday's jackpot? One in 175 million.
[to top of second column]
7. WHOSE STAR IS RISING FOR SECRETARY OF STATE
As congressional opposition softens, U.N. Ambassador Susan Rice is the clear front-runner to succeed Hillary Clinton.
8. A SEARCH FOR CLUES IN ARAFAT'S REMAINS
The late Palestinian leader's body is exhumed and then quickly reburied as forensic experts look for more information about his death.
9. WHY AN ACTOR IS TURNING AGAINST HIS OWN HIT TV SHOW
Citing the Bible, Angus T. Jones, youthful star on the comedy "Two and a Half Men," says the show is "filth" and no one should watch it.
10. FEDERAL MEDIATORS TO JOIN NHL LOCKOUT TALKS
Hockey players and management have not negotiated since last Wednesday, and more than a third of the regular season has already been canceled.
Copyright 2012 The Associated
Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published,
broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.d.