To apply for these scholarships, students must meet and fulfill the
1. Reside in one of the six counties served by the Community Action
Partnership of Central Illinois: DeWitt, Fulton, Mason, Menard,
Piatt and Logan. Individuals who are full-time students outside the
county can still apply as long as their permanent address when not
in school is within the county.
2. A survey must be filled out in the county where the applicant
resides. The survey includes family income for the previous year
(plus the last 30 days previous to application) and Social Security
cards for everyone in the household.
3. Proof of high school diploma, transcript of grades, GED
certificate or SAT/ACT scores.
4. Letter of reference from last school attended.
5. Letter of acceptance from Illinois school or training institute
the applicant plans to attend.
[to top of second column]
6. An autobiographical sketch that includes a brief personal
history, hobbies, interests, career goals, educational objectives
and how the scholarship will be used.
7. One personal reference.
Applications will be accepted beginning Monday, April 1.
Applicants must have all information delivered to Community Action's
offices no later than May 20 by 3 p.m. For more information, contact
the county office at 217-732-2159 and ask for the resource
Community Action serves low-income residents in many capacities,
including these programs: Community Service, LIHEAP, Weatherization,
Senior Nutrition, Logan Mason Public Transportation, Foster
Grandparents, Small Business Loan, and Head Start and Early Head
Start. For more information, visit
[Text from file received from
Community Action Partnership of