1. SUPER BOWL BLACKOUT SHUTS DOWN THE BIG GAME
The 34-minute outage caused by an "abnormality" in the Superdome's power system plunged the stadium into darkness and cut off announcers' mikes.
2. RAVENS HOLD OFF 49ERS COMEBACK, 34-31
San Francisco scored 25 points after the lights came back on, but John Harbaugh's defense held off his little brother's team to give Baltimore the title.
3. DEADLY TOUR BUS CRASH IN CALIFORNIA MOUNTAINS
Eight people are killed and dozens injured when the bus crashed with a pickup truck.
4. A KING BURIED UNDERNEATH A PARKING LOT
Scientists say the bones found in central England belong to King Richard III, whose remains have been missing for centuries.
5. LOOKING FOR A MOTIVE IN DEATH OF FORMER SEAL
Texas sheriff says the man accused of shooting 'American Sniper' Chris Kyle was a veteran who may have been suffering mental illness.
6. STUDY FINDS SKEWED VERSION OF ISRAEL-PALESTINIAN STORY
Researchers say Israeli and Palestinian schoolbooks present one-sided narratives of the conflict and tend to ignore the other side.
[to top of second column]
7. OBAMA PUSHES GUN VIOLENCE PROPOSALS
The president travels to Minnesota today for his first appearance outside Washington to promote gun control.
8. HOW KOCH IS FULFILLING WISH TO STAY IN MANHATTAN, 'EVEN WHEN I'M GONE'
The former New York mayor will be buried in Trinity Church Cemetery, where he bought a plot in 2008, when space was still available.
9. SEX, BABIES, CUTE ANIMALS DOMINATE ADS
With 111 million in U.S. tuning in for NFL championship, commercials that caused a stir included Godaddy.com's extended kiss and Coke's desert chase.
10. FOCUS ON DANCING, NOT LIP-SYNCHING AT HALFTIME SHOW
Beyonce delivered a dance-heavy performance with cameos from her former Destiny's Child partners.
Copyright 2013 The Associated
Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published,
broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.