Lynn, 81, snuffed a small fire on Tuesday in the sun room of
her home in Hurricane Mills, Tennessee, which is about an hour's
drive west of Nashville, Will Rourk, manager at the Loretta Lynn
Ranch, told the Tennessean newspaper.
"She was fine," Humphreys County Sheriff Chris Davis said on
Wednesday, adding that a small candle had accidentally turned
over and a cushion of a chair caught fire.
Rourk told The Tennessean Lynn was watching television when she
heard a crackling sound and smelled smoke in another room. She
suffered minor burns when she put the fire out, he said.
Lynn tweeted on Wednesday that all was well at the ranch.
"Thanks to my sweet fans for worrying about me. The fire was
small and no one was hurt. Love you," Lynn said.
Lynn is scheduled to perform Friday in Greenville, Texas.
Everything is still on schedule, according to her management.
(Reporting by Tim Ghianni; Editing by David Bailey and Mohammad
[© 2014 Thomson Reuters. All rights
Copyright 2014 Reuters. All rights reserved. This material may not be published,
broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.