Survivors are the heart of the Relay for Life. This year we lift
up the representatives of all the survivors of Logan County by
recognizing the Honorary Chair of each year’s Relay for Life.
Beginning in 1998 they have been at the center of the opening
ceremony as they lead the Survivor Lap.
Honorary chairs have been:
- 1998 Mary Bruns and Pat Geskey
- 1999 Rosemary Young and Jim Drew
- 2000 Ethel Buchanan and Bob Graue
- 2001 Donna Miles and Skip Baker
- 2002 Elizabeth Brooks Bruns and Raymond Leesman, Jr.
- 2003 Judy Worth and Barbara Boyer
- 2004 Mary Ellen Martin and Kathy Blaum
- 2005 Tabatha Weidhuner
- 2006 Ethel Buchanan and Brooklyn Hermes
- 2007 April Tippett
- 2008 Marcia Dowling and Donna Miles
- 2009 Joyce Klokkenga, Christopher Miller and Kiersten Little
- 2010 Amy Orr and Nate Stuckey
- 2011 Mary Hildebrandt and Esther Boward
- 2012 Ruth Hieronymous
- 2013 Robin Ingram and Bill Post
- 2014 Nicole Bottrell and Nancy Reese
Survivors have been sent an invitation to this year’s Survivor
Dinner to be held on Friday, July 25th at 4:30 p.m. in the Old Gym
of Lincoln College. Survivors will be treated to this buffet
sponsored by John Guzzardo. Prior to the dinner, survivors should
report to the registration table in Lincoln Center to receive their
survivor shirt and pin to add to their Relay Fro life medallion. New
survivors will be given a medallion and pin.
[to top of second column]
Following the dinner they will participate in the opening of
this year’s program on the parking lot of the Lincoln Center on
the Lincoln College campus (Ottawa Street to Nicholson Road) and
lead the survivor lap.
Any survivor not receiving their invitation can call the
survivor co-chairs, Tonita Reifsteck (217) 855-1645 or Esther
Boward (217) 445-2627 to register and get a schedule.
All survivors are welcome to attend with one guest, even if an
invitation was not received.
[Text received; TONITA REIFSTECK,
RELAY FOR LIFE PUBLICITY CHAIR]