Atlanta holds rededication for its historic library
Album 1
[Click on photos below to enlarge.]

[May 27, 2014]     Send a link to a friend  Share

The Atlanta Public Library was originally dedicated in March of 1908. The library board had been formed in 1873 and the library moved four times from the original location until the current eight sided library was built in 1907. The library underwent a complete restoration in 2014 to return it to its original look thanks to the forward thinking residents of Atlanta who approved an increase in the library district tax last year. The interior is spectacular with the original look but with all of the modern high tech library services.

Pictures by Curt Fox

The Atlanta Public Library Rededication speakers from right: Library Board Chairman Randy Brooks, Rachel Neisler, library program director; Reverend Skeet Stribling, and Atlanta mayor Fred Finchum.

Rev. Stribling reads the invocation.


Library Board Chairman Randy Brooks gives the address for the rededication.

The Stribling Siblings serenade the crowd with “Amazing Grace”.

Rachel Neisler tells the history of the unusual eight sided library.

Mayor Fred Finchum lauds the work of the crew that made the restoration of the library possible.


The Atlanta Public Library Board.

Click here to go to
Atlanta holds re-dedication for its historic library -- album 2


Back to top