Thursday apartment fire causes $50,000 in damage

Send a link to a friend  Share

[October 15, 2016]  LINCOLN - On October 13, 2016, the Lincoln Fire Department responded to a structure fire at 1907 Pulaski Street in Lincoln.

Lincoln Fire units arrived and encountered light smoke at the front door and the soffit of the apartment complex. As the entry team pulled a 1-34 hose line and entered the structure they encountered heavier smoke and flames coming from the apartment door.

Entry team saw fire in the kitchen area of the apartment. Entry team extinguished the fire and ventilated the apartment.

Two people were displaced from the apartment along with two pets.

The apartment next door had minor smoke damage.

Also on scene was all off duty Lincoln Fire Department members and Lincoln Rural. Lincoln Fire Department would also like to that Atlanta Fire Department, Logan County Paramedics, Ameren Cilco, and Lincoln Police Department for their assistance during this fire.

[to top of second column]

There were no injuries reported.

The damage to the structure was approximately $50,000.

The origin of the fire was on the top of the stove.

The cause of the fire is accidental

[Investigator Tim L. Aper
Captain Aaron Johnson]

Back to top