The
34-year-old man, who had a ticket, was identified and taken into
custody at the entry control point to the venue before the
concert on Wednesday after initial investigations could not rule
out that he posed a threat, said police.
He had attracted attention by making threats against Swift and
her partner, Taylor Kelce, online, they said, but neither the
singer nor concertgoers had been in danger at any time.
A court ordered the man to be held through Saturday.
The concert on Wednesday was one of three in Gelsenkirchen
planned by the singer on her massively successful Eras Tour,
which attracted 60,000 fans, affectionately known as Swifties,
who sang, danced and celebrated in costumes, said police.
(Writing by Miranda Murray; Editing by Madeline Chambers)
[© 2024 Thomson Reuters. All
rights reserved.]
This material may not be
published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Thompson Reuters is solely responsible for this content.

|
|