Warning: The content of Hearsay and Hairspray is provided by Logan County hairstylists and barbers. Any deviation from fact is unintended but not entirely unexpected. Watch what you tell your stylist or barber.

LDN is proud to present Hearsay & Hairspray

Engagement!

Really! A Lincoln girl attending LCC hooked one this week. Heather Killebrew called her lifelong friend Trisha Youngquist, going to school in Virginia, who cried for a half hour when she got the news. The wedding is planned for a year from May. Congratulations! Oh, and the lucky catch is Lincoln’s rural firefighter, Chris Sprinkel.

Caught off guard

A man in uniform went on an errand for work this week. At the post office he asked for some "PRETTY" stamps. The postal worker responded, "Are those for a lady?"

Never underestimate the value of a good lawn

A group of employees at the Lincoln-Logan County Safety Complex were bantering about the subject of moving. As they recollected the places they have lived and the furnishings they have had, one guy razzed another about how he used to live in a trailer park and didn’t have much furniture. It was noticeable that he had a professional lawn care service. You’d drive by and see this nice little patch of yard standing out from all the other yards around it and the little sign stuck in it reading, "This Lawn Professionally Cared For By…" He might have had only one chair, but as he said, "I didn’t have any weeds either!"

Good (grief) neighbors!

One homeowner got stuck in the middle of a major home renovation. They decided to make a one-story into a two-story. The builders stalled in their work, leaving the home with just plywood on the upper half. A neighbor, seeing their plight, made light of it sending this e-mail: