Wednesday, July 9

Hot lead shuts down courthouse     Send a link to a friend

[JULY 9, 2003]  Logan County Courthouse was open for business as usual again this morning and will remain so. County office workers were surprised yesterday by visits from security and the sheriff telling them to go home, and it was only the middle of the day.

Smoke smelling like electrical wire was detected in the basement. The building was evacuated until the cause could be determined. The problem was found at a major electrical connection where electricity enters the building. Anderson Electric made temporary repairs, working till 8 p.m. Tuesday evening.

Logan County Board Chairman Dale Voyles said that more emergency repairs will be made over the weekend.

[Jan Youngquist]    


Articles from the past week





  • No new postings (Fourth of July holiday)




Back to top


News | Sports | Business | Rural Review | Teaching & Learning | Home and Family | Tourism | Obituaries

Community | Perspectives | Law & Courts | Leisure Time | Spiritual Life | Health & Fitness | Teen Scene
Calendar | Letters to the Editor